Welcome to Riverside Time Bank!
The Riverside TimeBank was started in June 2012 with three main goals:
- Strengthen the fabric of R'community.
- Serve people and give them a way to serve.
- Establish new relationships and meet real needs of R'community members.
We recognize that each person has talents to share, and that the overall community is strengthened when neighbors help one another. For every hour that you help meet the needs of another member, you earn a time credit for the exchange. This time credit can then be redeemed for services from others, and the cycle continues.
Getting Started with our TimeBank:
- Create a login and fill out your member profile.
- Attend an orientation or complete an online orientation.
- Post some skills and talents you have to offer other members.
- Post some requests for skills or talents that other members can provide for you.
- CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER!! Our time bank messages seem to be going to people's spam folders, especially gmail. Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book. and email@example.com, as we use both emails occassionally.
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank:
- Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built which strengthen our community.
- Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbors about the requests of offers you've posted.
- After you've communicating with a neighbor and determining a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements how to coordinate the exchange.
- Fulfill the exchange and save a record of it in your hours account.
- Come back and review offers and requests from other members
Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing.